Peppermint Tea Infusion
Wednesday, 19 June 2019 | The Tea Makers of London
Peppermint Tea Infusion
Peppermint tea - the world renowned herbal drink known to ease stomach pains; aid digestion and to relax the body. Naturally, the menthol aromas can also help with stress headaches. However, did you know that this versatile loose-leaf can also be enjoyed as a tasty refreshment, ideal for the coming summer months?
We have asked you, our esteemed customers, to share with us your top tea recipes.
Below is @questforperfecttea's cool and refreshing Peppermint Tea Infusion recipe. This is one for the chocolate lovers too!
'I always described it as a liquid version of After Eight, or mint chocolate mousse!' Questforperfecttea
Aching for that chocolate fix without compromising your summer diet? Looking for a quick recipe that is simple and rewarding?
This Peppermint Tea Infusion is sure to curb any of those cravings. Plus, it is a healthier option!
What you'll need
Peppermint Leaves teabag (alternatively, 2g/1 tsp loose leaf)
Chocolate (Soya) Milk, alternatives also suitable
Fresh peppermint, crushed
1) Prepare the peppermint infusion in 100ml of water to get a concentrated flavour.
2) Allow to steep for 5-8 minutes.
3) Once fully steeped, cool the liquid in the fridge. You can also let it sit outside until it reaches room temperature. Questforperfecttea says, 'I usually brew a cuppa before I go to work and leave it in the fridge until I get home and by then I have a perfect cool peppermint infusion I can then turn into a nice iced tea!'
4) Pour the tea over ice and add the same amount of any chocolate milk.
5) Add crushed fresh peppermint if desired. This also works for luxurious presentation.
'I personally prefer using chocolate soya milk. This milk has a certain sweetness that cow milk does not have. I have only tried those two versions and really recommend using dairy free milk. As for trying oat/almond milk, I believe it is all about the fun of experimenting with tea so why not give it a try. Trial and error is the most fun when it comes to new tea recipes!'
The Tea Makers' Peppermint Tea
Peppermint was reportedly discovered towards the end of the 17th century on an English mint field. Today the intense scent and flavour of peppermint is well-known all over the world!
Our loose-leaf herbal tea offers a deliciously minty-sweet taste with a cool and freshly-pure aroma. As it is naturally caffeine-free, it is particularly wonderful taken as an after-dinner drink.
You can make your very own mint-chocolate tea infusion with our Peppermint Leaves tea. Works well with both loose leaf or teabag option!
If you are an inventive tea-drinker and also have fun tea recipes to share, email them to email@example.com. They could feature in our Tea Journal!
Shop our Herbal Tea Range today