For the perfect sweet treat this festive season, try our Gingerbread cookie recipe infused with our citrusy Chai of Madagascar loose leaf tea. Let the flavour of chai shine through the spice of the gingerbread for beautifully soft, chewy centred holiday treats!
Why Chai Tea?
Our Chai of Madagascar loose leaf tea is a marriage of South African honey bush leaves, orange, coco and spices, which offers a stunning sweet and fruity infusion, perfect for adding levels of depth to dessert recipes.
From the moment the packaging is opened, the exquisitely floral aroma of the Chai tea envelops you. Once steeped it bestows the most amazing feeling in the mouth.
With an exceptionally delicate blend of superlative flavours, this wonderful loose leaf Chai tea provides a deliciously invigorating elixir on a cold afternoon.
A great alternative is our Authentic Masala Chai,
1 stick of unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp ground ginger
16g Chai of Madagascar loose leaf tea
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup icing sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 170°C, in a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Blend in molasses and vanilla extract, then egg
- In a food processor pulse the flour, ginger and loose tea leaves, baking powder and salt until combined
- Pour the flour mixture into the bowl with the wet ingredients and blend until combined
- Scoop the dough out and roll into balls, then place on a baking sheet a couple of inches apart, Bake for 10 - 13 minutes
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Once the cookies are cooled, make the glaze by whisking the icing sugar with the maple syrup until combined, then spread or pipe over each cookie.
We would love to see your creations, so if you try this recipe out make sure to tag us @theteamakers and #tearecipes