Everyone knows that ice cream and summer go hand in hand, but have you ever tried Matcha ice cream? A refreshing treat with the sweet and deep flavours of Ceremonial Grade Matcha, that will give you a spring in your step.
Ceremonial Grade Matcha
This Great Taste Award-Winning Japanese green tea is exceptionally high-grade with intense sweetness and much deeper, less bitter flavour than other standard-quality matcha powders.
Imparting a mild aroma of fresh grass with a hint of fruitiness and rich, creamy flavour, this finely ground green tea powder is perfect for incorporating into a smooth summer ice cream.
Our collection of matcha green teas offers a varied choice for ice cream flavours. From the sweet flavour of our traditional ceremonial grade matcha to the earthy toasted rice flavour of Genmaicha Iri Matcha we have a whole selection of flavours for you to choose from.
400ml full-cream milk
300ml pouring cream
6 egg yolks
1/2 cup caster sugar
20g Ceremonial Grade Matcha powder
1. Combine the milk and cream in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer then remove from the heat
2. Beat egg yolks and caster sugar until pale and combined, then beat in the matcha powder
3. Slowly whisk hot milk mixture into egg mixture, then strain into saucepan, stir over a medium heat until the mixture coats back of spoon
4. Transfer to bowl and cool to room temperature, then chill in fridge for an hour
5. Churn in ice cream machine then set in freezer for 2 hours
For extra flavour, try adding in a vanilla pod!
We would love to see your creations, so if you try this recipe out make sure to tag us @theteamakers and #tearecipes
If you want to explore more of our tea inspired recipes check out our Summer Recipes collection and our Summer Store to discover all of our warm weather recommendations!